Beginner's guide to building a PCB

edited June 2016 in Tip
Hi All,

I am a member of another forum and they have several sub forums including a micro-controller and PCB design and manufacture (both of which I frequent) amongst several others sub forums..

Quite a number of members there recently bought AutoTRAX DEX and were struggling to get up and going so I wrote this guide to assist them from Start to finish.

It is NOT a definitive guide to ALL of DEX, in fact it is really just a tutorial on the processes that `I' do to create a board. I make no claims that this is the Best, easiest or quickest way to go about it but if they were to follow my guide then the user can experiemnt themselves and work out their own best methods and processes.

Anyway it is stored in the Doc Register of http://www.thebackshed.com/forum/home.asp

located here:

http://www.thebackshed.com/docregister/ViewDoc.asp?DocID=14

You will find the document in PDF and I have a few additional downloads, Parts that I used and a short video clip and the project file itself.

Anyway hopefully it is useful to somebody.

Kind Regards,

Mick
·

Comments

• Nicely done Mick!
    ·
  • Thanks Bengt
    ·
  • edited June 2016
    This is available online.

Also has link to Apple ePUB file for your iPad/MAC

Big thanks go to Big Mick! =D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>=D>
    The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • Thank You Iliya,

That ONLINE version looks really good, I have had a quick look at the ePUB version and that looks good too.

I just hope that others who might be struggling getting started with AutoTRAX DEX might find it useful

Kind Regards,

Mick
    ·
  • edited June 2016
    Bigmik, EXCELLENT job on this. I think your efforts will help a lot of people start to create their own boards. I use Dex for every board I make now. I learned about it way back on The Back Shed and never looked back. Thanks!!!

Of course a HUGE thanks to Iliya for his creation. I can't think of any program that has the type of rapid support that Dex has. A developer that listens and constantly updates and fixes bugs rapidly is pretty much unheard of.
    ·
  • :)>- Well Done! TY!
    ·
  • Thanks Wayne,

It is a little old (3 years now) but hopefully it is still relevant to the more advanced version available today.

Kind Regards,

Mick
    ·
  • good to see you still round these parts, Mick!
    ·
  • Hi Rixen,

I usually check the forums a few times each day...

I have been retired now for 12 mths and only last week started designing my new Board..  The missus keeps finding more and more things for me to do.. I stupidly think if I rush in and do them she will run out of tasks and I can do my own thing but no.. she is an expert at finding more stuff to do.

=8-)

Kind Regards,

Mick
    ·