Transformer mounting slots not cut in boards.

This is just a heads up to DEX users of an issue I found when getting boards cut.

I used one of the small, board mounted transformer parts in the DEX library, and when I got the boards, the slots for the transformer frame hold down tabs were not on the boards.

The files I submitted contained all the layers including the cutout layer, which contained the slots.

When I questioned the board manufacturer, they stated:

"Hi Sir

Thanks for your reply .

So sorry for inconvenience , for our manufacture capability , if the slots on the outline layer , we will make it , if the slots on the other layer and there are no remark for it, we will not make them .

I'm so sorry for inconvenience ."

Apparently, the part had the slots on a layer not used by the manufacturer, and they would have been cut if I made a remark. Oddly, the drill holes for mounting the PCB's were placed using the "Add a drilled hole" function, and they were present.

So, just be aware that board manufacturers may not always use all the files sent to them.

·

Comments

• They used your file only as and outline file. Looks like they want a separate file for slots and other stuff inside the board. That should be specified somewhere on their home page.
    ·
  • DEX outputs a Gerber Job Control file. Cutouts are there.

GerberJobFormatSpecification.json

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    json
    json
    GerberJobFormatSpecification.json
    pdf
    pdf
    the_gerber_job_format_specification.pdf
    ·
  • Just as it should. This problem had nothing to do with DEX.
    ·