Your Christmas Present

Added Diagram Designer to create professional diagrams.

Easily and intuitively draw flowcharts, diagrams, org charts, floor plans, engineering designs, and more with Visio. Use modern shapes and templates with the familiar VISIO experience.

(Not fully functional yet, but thought you might like it over Christmas)

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
·

Comments

• Well, this will be interesting.   I've been a frequent Visio user for over a decade, and cannot live without it.  I may be your best friend or worst enemy as this feature develops.  The first thing you should do is disable (or never enable) the import of Visio files into DEX.  That would slow me down.  I have at this moment 275 Visio files on my computer.

Cheers,
    Don

·
  • Reminds me of once when I used my CAD program for electronics to do a drawing of the piping I did in the house. I created symbols for the various valves and things and connected them with the wires. Worked very well but was of course something of an overkill to the job.
    ·
  • Anybody used this?

If not, I'll drop it.
    ·
  • I had not tried it, but just now I attempted to open a Visio file from a shared storage disk.  It would not open the share, let alone show the list of documents on that share.

In reality since I already have Visio, I would probably never use this feature of DEX.  But don't let me be the one to make your decision.
    Cheers,
    Don

·
  • I am not a great fan for softwares that try to do everything. Let DEX do what is is best to do and others do what they are best at. If I want a good and capable flow chart program I download Yed. For spreadsheet I use Excel and so on.

On the other hand I like to idea of having many things stored within the project file. (Those tools programs we are talking about above creates separate files). Like storing datasheets and maybe other documentations like calculations and flow charts withing the project file. Everything in one place. But this does not work well with the backup history system because each history file becomes too large.

So what am I saying? I think I like this kind of tools if:
    - The files are stored inside the project file
    - The file format results in small files. (No pictures).

This also gives ideas for a possible improvement of the history system. Could you in some clever way separate large static parts of the project file (maybe part 3D symbols, datasheets) from the constant changing workflow? Saving would be much quicker and files extremely much smaller.
    ·
  • I appreciate having the Diagrams Designer as an additional tool for casual related jobs
    Knowing how professionally Iliya take things under his sight I have no doubt the proposed utility will be powerful enough for most users

·
  • I like the Diagram Designer it’s nice to do the flowchart for your firmware and have it in the same place as your schematic, you can use it to draw diagrams explaining the circuit.

·
  • edited January 7
    I would like to add a separate sheet type to projects; Diagrams.

These would be a separate sheet like a text document sheet or a PDF sheet. (Actually, both texts document sheets and PDF sheets are multipage).

There would be an integral part of a project and the diagram will be embedded in the project file making the project file independent of any of the files.

The current separate stand-alone Diagrams program would still exist.

How does that sound?

·
  • I think that sounds perfect.

·
  • I think that sounds perfect.

It will take some time. Expected before Easter.
    ·
  • Yes, I like it!
    ·