Headers and the part builder panel

Hi All, The new parts library is fantastic but I have found 2 serious issues with headers (DIL) Firstly the hole sizes are too small for male pins to fit through.. (they should be 0.038”) Secondly the numbering is incorrect, they get numbered like an IC (down on one side and up on the other) like this 1. 10 2. 9 3. 8 4. 7 5. 6 Etc where they should be numbered (for a male) as per, 1. 2. 3. 4 5. 6 7. 8 Etc.. When I use the part builder to change the hole sizes or create a new header it always defaults to this non-standard numbering system... I can understand that there may be situations where the first numbering system is desirable but in 99% of cases the second numbering standard is what should be used.. When I use part builder to edit a part that I have made with an imported 3D model the pads renumber themselves.. I think a check box to select the numbering standard would be fantastic. Kind Regards, Mick
·

Comments

• Damn, Formatting is upset I will post images when back on my PC. Mik
    ·
  • Now that you say it I remember sending in a report about the header with the too smal holes so it has been noticed before. However that was somewhere in the normal library files.
    ·