Auto-Router

Hi Iliya and your 100 person development team, =8-) Is there any news on your auto router? Regards, Mick
·

Comments

• Not at the moment.

I wonder if full PCB auto-routers are a waste of time. :(
    The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • Iliya, No I don’t believe they are a waste of time, in fact the opposite.. they all seem to create funnies that need to be fixed.. but on a complex board if you can get the auto router to do 90% of the work it is much easier to complete the board.. Of course HOW TO WRITE AN AUTOROUTER.?? That is the question.. I can’t comprehend how to start writing one and it would be very difficult it would be to write.. Mik
    ·
  • bigmik said:
    Iliya, No I don’t believe they are a waste of time, in fact the opposite.. they all seem to create funnies that need to be fixed.. but on a complex board... 
    I have only used auto-routers on SIMPLE boards. Lot's of space, no special design requirement, just solve my maze please. That is the situation there auto-routers are most useful. In all other situations they must be super advanced and I actually think it would be a waste of time for Iliya to try to such an advanced auto-router.
    ·
  • Bengt said:
    bigmik said:
    Iliya, No I don’t believe they are a waste of time, in fact the opposite.. they all seem to create funnies that need to be fixed.. but on a complex board... 
    I have only used auto-routers on SIMPLE boards. Lot's of space, no special design requirement, just solve my maze please. That is the situation there auto-routers are most useful. In all other situations they must be super advanced and I actually think it would be a waste of time for Iliya to try to such an advanced auto-router.
    Will look into it.

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·