Solder paste

I cannot seem to get solder paste on my LED footprints.

At the end of the PCB I have 2 rectangular pads that do have solder paste on them.

Looking at the gerber files it appears that the file labeled bottom solder mask appears to be part of the file that should be part of the existing Top Solder mask.
How do I fix that?

project
project
Layout of Left Section Outside Strip.project
·

Comments

• Still needing help here.

any thoughts?
    ·
  • The system does will not let me upload the gerber files.

So please look at and help me figure this out.

Does this help anyone in identifying my issue.

Paul
    project
    project
    Sample-5.project
    ·
  • Your LED pads are TPH. TPH pads do not need solder paste.

To add solder paste.
    1. Select current layer to Top/Bottom Paste.
    2. Add graphics, e.g. rectangle/polygon.

imageimage
    The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • Thanks

I was stumped.
    ·
  • Thanks

I was stumped.
    I will add an option for Solder Paste to TPH pads. 
    This will be an override for individual pads, not all the PCB.
    Use the option when creating the part.
    ·
    ·
  • I had to think a while to understand this. So it is ment for smd pads that includes thermal holes.
    Wouldn't it be better if DEX could be instructed to see the difference between TPH pads and SMD pads regardless of hole or not?
    Also, you will still have to take special consideration for such a pad because it will need more solder paste than usual. Best is to use filed holes so the solder does not flow into the hole to the other side.
    ·
  • edited September 2019
    Bengt said:
    I had to think a while to understand this. So it is ment for smd pads that includes thermal holes.
    Wouldn't it be better if DEX could be instructed to see the difference between TPH pads and SMD pads regardless of hole or not?
    Also, you will still have to take special consideration for such a pad because it will need more solder paste than usual. Best is to use filed holes so the solder does not flow into the hole to the other side.
    If you are using thermal vias, you want the vias and hole filled.
    How would DEX know the device was really a SMT device; remember, It's a custom device? 
    Answer: You check the Add Solder Paste box. (Usually just 1 pad)

Using just a small area on the rear for thermal relief is not good enough. a larger area is needed, for example a rectangle / copper pour.

Using a TPH pad tells DEX you can route to the bottom side.
    ·
  • Your right, DEX must know that it can route on the back side so it must be a TPH pad.
    ·