edited September 2019 in General
What to display?
(Click to show full size)

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
·

Comments

·
  • Looks like another version of status bar.
    ·
  • Bengt said:
    Looks like another version of status bar.
    Yes, but this screenshot is from Full-screen mode. No status bar.

Seems Altium users love it. I think it's normally clutter, except for full screen.
    Yes Altium does overdo it  :-O

·
  • Here is HUD / full-screen with manual routing:

(Click to enlarge)

·
  • Done.

·
  • When I use Altium I always turn of the HUD. Get's in the way. You are right when you say overdone.
    ·
  • Why do you use Altium, DEX is not enough?
    ·
  • My place of employment has Altium so use it there for compatability with colleagues, although it is handy for doing front panel graphics for instruments.

I use DEX at home (where I freelance), or for small projects where I don't need to collaborate.
    ·
    ·
  • Rixen said:
    When I use Altium I always turn of the HUD. Get's in the way. You are right when you say overdone.
    DEX's HUD auto-hides when you mouse over it.
    ·
  • To see the HUD - hide the status bar.

·
  • edited September 2019
    Iliya said:
    What to display?
    (Click to show full size)

Well, that got no response :(

I had hoped this user group would give feedback to help improve DEX - Seems not to be. 
    DEX must be perfect  :)
    ·
  • I think what I would find most useful in a HUD is layer, trackwidth, position and reminders of a few of the shortcuts (swap layers, increase/decrease trackwidth)
    ·
  • I am simply overwhelmed with information and not spending enough  time using DEX. I seem to be forgetting more than I am learning.  I am only just managing keeping up with some of the improvements. 

I was looking forward to using the multi screen panels, like pcb in one window and Schematic in another but time is not allowing any serious work. 
    ·
  • Rixen said:
    I think what I would find most useful in a HUD is layer, trackwidth, position and reminders of a few of the shortcuts (swap layers, increase/decrease trackwidth)
    The extra info need is in the Context Menu (Right Click)
    For manual routing, only the drop-down menu appears. The Radial menu is too big and hides the track.

·
  • edited September 2019
    The information that I want while routing is to know there I am in the design. Current net of course but also there I am heading like there nearest next node is or maybe direction to it if outside current view. Also neighbor tracks. It is this type if things I might check around for. Probably not something that the HUD will help me with.
    ·
  • Navigator

·