Selection rectangle

edited August 2019 in Schematics
I have just installed DEX .29 and experimented a little bit with graphics symbols and I discovered that when you have thin layers, shaky hands and waning eyesight that the "right to left" selections rectangle which in my Engineering CAD will "select all crossing" (and enclosed) graphics.

Will attach a picture. The graphics shown was all drawn with lines starting with the default 0.007 and then 'fattened up' to 0.02".  Editing before widening the lines was the time where the right to left selection rectangle would have been very handy to pick elements.

The blue line shows selection example, draging right to left over area.

Have been looking for this but not found so far.  Have I missed it? if not is this a possibility to have added?

·

Comments

• No image.
    The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • Funny that about the image, happens to me regularly when inserting picture.

I post and check the picture is inserted before I remove the attachment. Will leave bot this time.

190819-Left-seledtion-rectangle-02.JPG
    812 x 791 - 149K
    ·
  • Can you please upload the project?

Thanks.
    The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • edited August 2019
    I will attach it here, I have just installed DEX-32 and added a few more rectangles inside the green box.
    I am just exploring what actually is in the graphics area and have added a number of items.

Inside the green rectangle there are a blue line, relatively wide and of course selection by clicking is easy. There are two blue rectangles having default width, a bit harder for me to hit them by point selection.

I have shown two red rectangles, this is how I can do selection  by area, in my Engineering CAD, of a rectangle that is drawn from right to left and everything inside plus 'crossing will get selected.

Added:
    I just tried to open the file from forum, it opened a new instance of DEX-32 with the file, installed. Then I was just checking over the project and DEX closed (about 3-5 seconds after fully opened).  It reminded me of having seen this before when installing a new version of DEX, but since all seems to work I am already in the habit of not really taking any notice of it.

I do operate with two panels outside the workspace placed on a second monitor.

art
    art
    190819-Spark-gap-Art-01.art
    ·