Routing PCB

I was going through the document called  

How to build a PCB design using AutoTRAX DEX

and found reference to Electra SW for routing  small projects.

This is the response I got.

Any other thoughts?

Sent: mercredi 7 août 2019 03:04
To: support@konekt.com
Subject: CAD System

I am using AutoTrax  software.

What version do I NEED TO DOWNLOAD

Sent: Wednesday, August 7, 2019 2:21 AM
To: props@charter.net
Subject: RE: CAD System

Sorry, but Autotrax is not supported, it does not have a DSN exporter and the ability to import routes results.

·

Comments

• Skip autorouting to begin with and do only manual routing. I use auto routing very little. Actually only for very simple boards will small demands but many traces and not the advanced ones.
    ·
  • edited August 2019
    I cannot support Electra as I do not have a development license for Electra.
    Fadil Kotaji, the sole developer of Electra, previously demanded I remove all copies of Electra. 
    It appears he does not like the fact that I am developing a competing router and that I refused to sell Electra.

DEX still works with Electra if you have it installed. I just can't support it. You can contact Fadil at fadil@konekt.com for support. 

Previous versions of DEX installed the freeware version of Electra, with Fadil consent, which did not timeout. Then Fadil pulled the freeware version.

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • Electra costs $995 and is locked to a single machine.
    ·
  • Bengt said:
    Skip autorouting to begin with and do only manual routing. I use auto routing very little. Actually only for very simple boards will small demands but many traces and not the advanced ones.
    It's a skill but well worth learning. 
    Identical to maze solving except you can dig under or bridge over edges :)
    ·