Lost schematic

I saved my design and then tried to open it .

The layout in the PCB came up ok but the schematic page is blank.

Did I do something wrong?

·

Comments

• It just came back.

Go figure
    ·
  • The schematic just went blank again and I cannot get it back.

The PCB and the 3D tabs still show OK.

Any thoughts?

·
  • Have you filed a bug report?  The report can include your project file, and Iliya can possibly find the problem.  I have never seen what you've described, can only guess it might be a bug.

Is there a schematic tab?  Maybe the schematic is there, but not showing in the view (position and size).  There is a control to show everything:  look in the View/Snap tab for "View : All". 
    Cheers,
    Don

·
  • It is very hard to make an assessment on anything verbal. For example what version of DEX

Can you show a picture?

If you have nor problem sharing the design then:

As well post copy here in Forum then whoever is game can run it and either confirm or not that there is a problem. 

·
  • It is a simple design and I have attached it.

I am just beginning to use Autotrax.

On my laptop it is OK but on my desktop the schematic is blank.

Thanks
    project
    project
    Sample-3.project
    ·
  • OK, I have a clue.  When I opened your project file, indeed there was a blank schematic page, but the PCB and 3D views showed the design.  So then I played with some other controls, and when I clicked the "Window" button in the Zoom area of the View/Snap ribbon, the schematic appeared on the page. I could not find any way to get it to disappear again.

I have no clue as to why the schematic disappeared, but I would suspect there is a bug in the program.  If you submit your original project file with a bug report ("Report Problem" in the Help ribbon) Iliya may be able to figure out how to fix it.
    Cheers,
    Don

·
  • After I sent my last message, I updated DEX from version 2019.7.26 to the latest 2019.8.13.  Result was the same - the schematic is not appearing on the schematic viewport, but appears after clicking "Window".

Cheers,
    Don

·
  • Fixed.

Fix for ports making 'schematic content disappear'.

Why the 2 ports?

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • Just trying different things

Thanks all
    ·
  • What's a Port?
    ·
  • See this...

project
    project
    sample.project
    ·
  • Video from 25 January 2014

·
  • Thanks. I think I have used it once then I wanted to test those features. Nice to build block diagrams
    ·