Where do parts catalog parts come from?

My colleague at work has dex, but it was installed over a year ago. It has been updated, but the parts catalog is empty. Where do these parts come from? Will installing the add-on parts from the website fix this?

Thanks
·

Comments

• edited July 2019
    DEX recently changed the parts system, which is now really powerful.
    Make sure you have a recent version of DEX, then from the library, click the >Show More Parts button< ...BOOM!

Screenshot
    ·
  • pcb_man said:
    My colleague at work has dex, but it was installed over a year ago. It has been updated, but the parts catalog is empty. Where do these parts come from? Will installing the add-on parts from the website fix this?

Thanks
    I've answered this on:

and 

Installing the Parts Library. The parts library should automatically download when the Parts Panel is visible. If not, you can download from: https://dexpcb.com/Download/Parts 
    The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, and likely never will. I think Facebook as a company, is pure evil.
    So this forum and the help file are pretty much my only resources for DEX.
    ·
  • edited July 2019
    pcb_man said:
    I don't have a Facebook or Twitter account, and likely never will. I think Facebook as a company, is pure evil.
    So this forum and the help file are pretty much my only resources for DEX.
    I agree with you, both are immoral.
    But, some might see DEX there and use it :)

I would never put my personal details there. I read and see how so many people ruin their careers, with twitter especially.

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
    ·
  • I'm trying to help out. I've manged to sell three copies at work... :D
    ·
  • I see that the Facebook account only shares to "friends". Company information like this is usually open for anyone to read. That way you don't need a Facebook account to read it.
    ·