IEEE and IEC Resistor Symbols

Add Ribbon Menu changed. Parts group added.

Option to only display IEEE or IEC resistor symbols or both.  - default is IEEE.

New command to convert all resistors to IEEE or IEC on current schematic. Try out on attached project.

The developer of AutoTRAX DEX. 
project
project
test.project
·

Comments

• There are similar buttons on both Add and Schematic menus. Whats the difference?

Or if it is no difference, why have the same thing on two places? It's confusing.

And finally, these short-cuts to what I suppose is most used parts is a little weird. It is a special place for some parts but with their own library. It is confusing to have all parts in the Library and at the same time have these as a second option.
    ·
  • edited July 2019
    Bengt said:
    Or if it is no difference, why have the same thing on two places? It's confusing.

Why is it confusing?

It's 'old hat' to say commands should be in 1 place. :(

If I want to add a resistor after adding graphics, great! no need to go to Parts.

Can't put everything in Add.

If I want to undo adding that resistor, I don't always want to go to Edit. Ooh look! Undo is on the left in the Add page group. . Fancy, somebody put Undo there just for me :)

If I want to add parts I could also go to Parts

Think about related commands when doing tasks.
    ·
  • Think of it this way.

• I have a pair of scissors in my right office draw.
    • I have a pair of scissors in the kitchen.
    • I have a pair of scissors in my toolbox.
    • The wife has loads of scissors.

Cutting edge UI :)
    ·
  • IEEE

IEC

·
  • I understand the idea. But what about the last question? These parts is not just a second place for the most used library parts, they are OTHER parts. Like an alternative and with some extra features. (Simulation and now also possibility to toggle symbol).
    ·